Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/13/2013 11:22 AM, Billy wrote:
>> Also they eat zero carbs. And they
>> have no diabetes, no heart disease, no cancer, and no "white man's
>> diseases".

> Do areas still exist without trading posts (white bread, canned
> sausage, booze)?
> Yes, meat needs to be eaten raw to preserve its vitamin C, but
> do the Inuits have greater longevity? I'm sure this is a nature/nurture
> thing, and as usual there isn't anything to be done about nature, so we
> are left with nurturing longevity.

Great point. When the trading posts came, things went to hell.

Here is a good article on it:
http://www.theiflife.com/the-inuit-p...se-and-cancer/

From the article:
Summing Up

Ok….got all that? Whew….Yes I know alot to read….but loads
important points. Let’s summarize:

The Inuit ate a diet high in meat and fat, low in fruits and
vegetables and still had low rates of heart disease and cancer
(sadly only recently when more modernization came to them in the
form of convenience stores, soda and other processed foods did you
see the illnesses start to increase. Once sugar came to them….
things went sour)

Their meat they ate was completely different from the meat you are
eating. Theirs was wild, fresh, sometimes raw, seal and other animals
that you are probably not going to eat. Not to mention they also ate
the organ meats, which again….most people are not going to do. Because
the animals were wild they were also not fed grains, contained good
amounts of Omega 3s and low amounts of Omega 6s…the opposite of
modern meats.

So I would say, it's is what is in the meat.

Think about the vegetarian lifestyle. If you go purely
vegetarian, the lack of animal nutrition will kill you.
(vitamin B12, etc.). This is not a more healthy anything.

In the third world it is not an issue as vegetarians get
their animal nutrition from all the bugs and bug eggs
in their grains. Also, a lot of them eat figs, which
are extremely high in animal nutrition (if you like and
can still eat figs, don't look at the internals of
a fig under a microscope).

In the west, very few vegetarians are actually true
vegetarians. I have made a habit of asking them
and almost all of them eat fish, eggs, milks and so
forth. Had an interesting conversation with one who
said she would not eat anything with a face. In other
words, nothing cuter than she was. She ate fish and
chicken. Ahem. Both have faces and I think chickens
are quite a bit cuter than she was. They are
also hysterical. (Don't get me started on how pretty
trout are.) With her, it was all about condescending.
What an idiot. I guess she cuts her fish heads off
so they can't stare up at her from her plate and
ask "why?"

Complete vegetarians, which are vary rare, get
very sick eventually. Brain damage and all from
lack of B12, etc.. The one true vegetarian I
have know, got so sick, her doctor told her
to either add a bit of chicken to her diet or
she was going to die. She did and recovered.
She was a really sweet lady too: no condescending
at all. I am glad she recovered.

So, if the study you cite is actually legitimate and
not vegetarian propaganda (pure vegetarian will kill
you where pure meat will not), than I do believe it
is what is in the meat, not the meat itself. We
are not carrion eaters. That is for vultures and ants.
If it moves, it is food. If it doesn't, step over it.
As a society, we eat some pretty discussing meat.

I would also posit that vegetarians tend to eat more
organic stuff than the general population. (Even if
they are not really true vegetarians.) They tend
to be more health conscientious.

>> In my opinion, buy organic and CSA (community supported
>> >agriculture) whenever possible. And find a friend that hunts.

> Or grow a garden, and buy organic.

1+

I suck as a farmer. I will try again this year.

>> > I have a customer that got a moose the year before and it was
>> >more than his family could eat. What a treat! An elk the year
>> >before that. (I hate venison.)
>> >
>> >-T

> Sadly, I still, occasionally, get the lust for salami.

The hunter I mentioned has his own salami maker. He made
up a bunch of moose salami last year. It was *insanely good*.
No chemicals either. Smokes with with real wood or something,
I don't remember the exact process. He is thinking of going
for an elk this year.

Maybe you could look into your own salami maker?

I am babbling, aren't I?

-T