Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Who Was It That Recently Asked About A Hot Water Heater -- I'm In Hot Water!

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:45:07 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> On 3/15/2013 12:26 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:05:04 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> >> Which kind of heaters to you mean?
> >>
> >> --

> > If it's movies of the '30s, '40s, he's probably talking about
> > radiators.
> > http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/d...8460983_XS.jpg
> >

> That would be the one. According to the movies, you're supposed to hit
> them with a big wrench in order to get them to work.

I guess something is clogged, so they have to hit it. The old models
have been modernized now with a way to control how much heat it gives
off. Before they figured that out, people had to open up windows in
the dead of winter when it got too hot inside because there was no
other way to regulate it.