Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_18_] dsi1[_18_] is offline

Default Who Was It That Recently Asked About A Hot Water Heater -- I'mIn Hot Water!

On 3/14/2013 11:46 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 3/14/2013 12:35 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Our unit looks exactly the same as the one Sheldon posted, and of course
>>> does both central heating and hot water
>>>

>> My step-mother said that the houses in her town (Gothenburg?) was
>> heated by water coming in from a hot water factory and distributed by
>> underground pipes. That was the nuttiest thing that I ever heard.
>> Those Swedes!

> I saw that in Lincoln (UK)! About 30 years ago, a woman I knew moved
> into a house on a new estate and all the houses were served by a central
> boiler Never heard of it since though and I haven't been there for
> many years, so I don't know if it is still in operation.

I live in the tropics and the homes here don't have any provisions for
heating so I'm pretty ignorant on the subject. I would like to see one
of those old fashioned heater. That would be cool. I've only seen them
in movies with Humphrey Bogart or the 3 Stooges. :-)