Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Burgundy, Calabria, Nahe, Champagne, Oc, Trentino, NM

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:34:54 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> > Very interesting, Dale. From your note, I would say that you don't see

> any problems with drinking it now. Given CdB's reputation for making
> fairly backward wines, and the bigger nature of this cuvée, I'm a bit
> surprised at how open and approachable it seems. Are you going to put
> your other bottles away for the long haul? Should I try opening one of
> mine sooner rather than later?

I ruahed notes a bit. That's what the Donnhoff was for- the red was pretty tight, I put in decanter about 6 PM and ate about 7:45, wine was best after 9 (and good next day). I wouldn't hestitate to age. But it drank well with air. In my limited experience, most CdB except Corton and the biggest Volnay & Pommard 1er don't shut down as hard as best CdN. But that's instinct not survey.

Re Brub- Looking at my notes I liked one bottle of 2010 and thought other off. Can't imagine JP changed vinification practices, but it is odd.