Ian Hayward

Default Better than Moet & Chandon

My best buy recently was a case of Charles Heidsieck Mis en Cave 1997 at Makro (more
or less a UK equivalent of Costco) for about GB£13.50. My personal opinion, however,
is forget Champagne and get some Cloudy Bay Pelorus, NV or vintage (the 1996 is
particularly good), which the UK wine writer Malcolm Gluck describes as "better than
Krug".

Regards,

Ian

om...