foodnelson foodnelson is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
I aint allowed to watch movies so could you just give us the recipe and technique in narrative form? Thanks. Sounds great. Now I would not dare eat any form of aquatic life coming from Viet Nam. That stuff is loaded up with Agent Orange and raised in highly nasty conditions. Get your Dads from LA and the Catfish from Ole Miss.
Bigwheel,
I am sorry to hear about the movie restrictions. I have attached the recipe below. I hope you get a chance to try this recipe. Have a great day.

Ingredients

Shellfish
1-2 pound crawfish or shellfish per person

Boil
1 package crab boil
1 lemon – quartered

Garlic Sauce

3 heads of garlic, chopped (fresh is best)
2 cups of margarine (4 sticks)
1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon of Paprika
1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper
1 tablespoon dry chicken bullion

Tony’s Magic Dust

1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon dry chicken bullion
1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)

Directions

1. Poor live crawfish or shellfish into sink and wash until water runs clear and all dirt and grime is washed away. Discard dead crawfish/shellfish
2. Cook shellfish in boiling water with crab boil package and 1 quartered lemon.
3. Make the sauce; melt the 2 cups of margarine in a saucepan.
4. Add 3 heads of chopped garlic to melted butter. Cook garlic until translucent.
5. Once the garlic is translucent, add ;
a. 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
b. 1 tbsp Paprika
c. 1 tbsp lemon pepper
d. 1 tbsp dry chicken bouillon
e. 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (add more for extra heat)
6. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes and check for flavor. Add more seasoning as desired.
7. Put shell fish in a large plastic cooking bag or bowel, pour sauce over shell fish and toss with the sauce.
8. Sprinkle Tony’s Magic Dust over the crawfish as desired before serving.