Tyler Hopper

Default Meat Grinders

"Patrik Henriksson" > wrote in message

> "Paul Qualls" > wrote in message
> > I will guarantee you that unless you pick something up at a Garage Sale

> that
> > is in good shape, you aren't going go get a great grinder. I made the

> jump
> > a few years back and bought a Kitchen Aid Mixer. It is expensive, but

> then
> > you can get the grinder and all the other attachments as needed. This

> will
> > save you angst in the long run.

> How sturdy is the K-A attachements grinder really?
>
> I looked at it several times considering buying one or go for a standalone
> like the Maverick http://www.pierceequipment.com/grinders.html at a higher
> price ofcource.
>
> So anyone with experience of the K-A attachement grinder how tough stuff can
> you grind with it, does it take smaller softer bones without choking?

I have a KA with the grinder attachment and it works fine. I haven't tried to
grind bones (not sure why you'd want to) but it will chew up a pork butt.

IMO there are two keys.

- Low Speed

- Meat cut into strips smaller than the feed tube.

You won't get high production but it will do okay. It comes with 2 different
sized dies.

Tyler