Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:59:53 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> 1 cup nut/seed butter (the natural kind) I used sunseed
>>> 1/4 cup cocoa powder
>>> pinch salt
>>> scant pinch cinnamon
>>> scant pinch chili powder
>>> scant pinch black pepper
>>> 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
>>> 2 tablespoons vegan butter substitute
>>> 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (use the good stuff)
>>> 1/ cup coarsely broken walnuts

>> That's not even close to being a fudge. Those crazy vegetarians will
>> try and *******ize anything and everything to get their way.

> The taste is that of fudge. And when I took a bite after I had mixed it,
> it was fine. But it did not set up like fudge and it reminded me somewhat
> of that cheese fudge that we bought at Costco that one time. It was
> yucky. This wasn't yucky but I don't think I really ever want it again.
> The texture is off.

OK, I'll chime in here. This recipe is typical of vegan crap. They can
call it whatever they want to but it is not fudge. And who'd a thought
cocoa powder was optional but more than a "thickener?" I mean of course you
can make fudge without cocoa powder if you're willing to give up the
thickener, right?

P U. But yes, in this mallard of merde, please do use your best vanilla.
And if "vegans" are so against sugar, why the hell would they eat cocoa?
From their cherished "moral and ethical" pedestal chocolate is worse by
factors.

Pass