Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2013 6:17 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I tried to follow this as closely as I could the first time because I
>> wasn't
>> sure how it would come out. And I didn't use honey because I really
>> dislike
>> the stuff. Not sure that corn syrup would work because I think it is too
>> runny, plus I had none. So far so good on the GERD front. But daughter
>> didn't like it with the walnuts. Will try to make it again without those
>> but not sure it will hold up as well.
>>

> You might want to try Korean cactus honey which is available in Korean
> markets. I don't know anything about it except that it's popular cause
> they have a bunch of that stuff on the shelves. It comes in liquid and
> powder form.

Well I don't think I'll be making this again unless daughter likes it
without the nuts. I tried it after it set up and I didn't care for it so
much. I don't know why really. But I also am not big into sweets. I just
thought I'd make it because I have a ton of sunseed butter. This was one of
those things that daughter was eating like mad until I bought a case of it.
And now consumption has dropped.