dkiehl dkiehl is offline
Member

Buy a bottle of Vitamin C tablets and powder or rinse the product with water that has had a vitamin C tabled dissolved in it.
Best luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
When drying apples I'm supposed to pre-treat with ascorbic acid or
lemon juice. I'm having trouble finding either. I did find Fruit
Fresh (a gold by-product) that contains ascorbic acid. However, it
contains dextrose and other %%$#. I thought I saw a comment that it
wasn't a good substitute for the ascorbic acid.

I want to start drying before winter (possibly next week here) so I
will use the Fruit Fresh.

I expect the lemon juice shortage is temporary, but I would like to
know where folks usually find ascorbic acid.