Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default beef stew with jicama

KROM > wrote:
: I made a hearty beef stew with a ton of green veggies cut tiny so they
: basically disappear but add body and of course beef and instead of potato I
: used jicama since Susan mentioned it it..

: so far two separate meals of it and zero raise in bg and it certainly
: satisfies that potato itch in the stew plus a nice textural component.

: thumbs up!

: KROM

I use white turnips in my stew to kind of look like potatoes. I also have
big chunks of carrot and add whole crimini mushrooms at the end. I use a
big can of tomatoes(28oz) and redwine as the liquids in which the stew
stews. Of course, plenty of onions in chunks adn garlic, herbs of your
chioiceand plenty of FGBP.

Wendy