Old 20-02-2013, 10:38 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
smokeringer[_2_] smokeringer[_2_] is offline

Default hello?

Glad you liked it, coffee and Q just sauce up real well together.

If you're ever out to El Paso an old time place to get good sauce for
your Q is Tony's, downtown on Myrtle Ave.

http://www.tonysthepitbbq.com/

On 2/19/2013 10:51 AM, bigwheel wrote:

Thanks for the recipe. Looks excellent. Never did buy any of Smokeys
books but wore out his website for a few years. Always a preponderance
to good tips and factoids coming from that young man and his guest
experts. Recall the spice ladies column very well. Dang shes a
smarty..lol. Tell all the bunch we say hi.

'smokeringer[_2_ Wrote:
;1814953']On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:-
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:-
'Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -'
(http://barbecuen.com/smoker.htm)

'Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -'
(http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/coffeesauce.htm)

Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce

a/k/a "Texas

Blackjack Sauce"

Comments

This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue

Instruction Book", pg. 105.

Combine the following:

1 c. strong coffee

1 c. worcestershire

1 c. catsup

1/2 c. vinegar

1/2 c. brown sugar

3 T. chili powder

2 c. chopped onion

6 cloves garlic, crushed

2 t. salt

Simmer for 25 minutes.-

That looks really good. I will give to hubby who makes bbq sauces for
our Q.
-

Right on, no reason to stop the Q just cuz it's winter!

Danged group is dead, huh?