bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Thanks for the recipe. Looks excellent. Never did buy any of Smokeys books but wore out his website for a few years. Always a preponderance to good tips and factoids coming from that young man and his guest experts. Recall the spice ladies column very well. Dang shes a smarty..lol. Tell all the bunch we say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeringer[_2_] View Post
On 2/18/2013 9:31 AM, Nanzi wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, smokeringer wrote:
Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -

Barbecue'n On The Internet - Home of Barbecue, Barbeque & BBQ! -

Coffee Flavored Barbecue Sauce

a/k/a "Texas

Blackjack Sauce"

Comments

This sauce is taken from Smoky Hale's "The Great American Barbecue

Instruction Book", pg. 105.

Combine the following:

1 c. strong coffee

1 c. worcestershire

1 c. catsup

1/2 c. vinegar

1/2 c. brown sugar

3 T. chili powder

2 c. chopped onion

6 cloves garlic, crushed

2 t. salt

Simmer for 25 minutes.

That looks really good. I will give to hubby who makes bbq sauces for our Q.

Right on, no reason to stop the Q just cuz it's winter!

Danged group is dead, huh?