Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Chayote squash and a little OT & ping Susan

"Stevia might decrease blood pressure in some people. Taking stevia
along with medications used for lowering high blood pressure might cause
your blood pressure to go too low. However, it's not know if this is a
big concern. Do not take too much stevia if you are taking medications
for high blood pressure."

I take Stevia probably about once or twice a month. In a rare cup of
coffee or mixed through the occasional bowl of porridge.

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Yes, they can be difficult to peel and I hate that sticky, milky goop
> but worth it in the end I use Stevia at the moment. It comes in
> sachets (equivalent to one teaspoon of sugar I think, or maybe two),
> that way you don't overdo the sweetness.

I read recently that they've found a new problem with stevia in
combination
with some med. I think it is a BP med. Can't remember for sure. Lemme
see
if I can find it on the Internet. Yes! But it's more than that. Can
not
only interact with BP meds, but diabetes meds and lithium.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple... tName=STEVIA