Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default My favourite soup

Bacon bones are what is left over after the smoked pork is removed and
sliced as the bacon you know and love Most bacon bones have enough
"bacon" left on them to make a nice addition to the bowl of soup, if not
hocks have more. The bones add a nice smoky, salty flavour to the soup.
Like in pea and ham. After cooking I take the bones and hocks out and
remove the meat and chop it up and put back in the soup. When I say I
use lentils I think people are thinking if lentil soup which is quite
thick and almost all lentil. My soup is quite liquid and the amount of
lentils in each bowl wouldn't amount to much carb.

"bigwheel" wrote in message

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds good. Still trying to figger out what is a
bacon bone? lol. Will confess not have having messed with lentils too
much but found them very good on those few occasions. One point I would
hazard to mention is other legumes do not play well with acids early in
the cook cycle. With Pinto beans for example..cooking in tomato products
is a pretty sure fire method of coming up with a tough i.e. case
hardened final product..which is fine if thats what is wanted. We like
them soft and chewable in this area..so tomato products are not added
till the beans are as tender as wanted. Just a thought. Lentils may
march to a different drummer..lol.

--
bigwheel