bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Yep Habs do pack some heat along with a bunch of flavor. Much more than Japs in my view. Usually included as a component in beans or various Jerk BBQ recipes. Got to have a taste of the Islands Mon. Wearing gloves is a great idea when handling either. Had one old chili recipe which called for Chimayo powder..which the only flavor profile it added was heat least as far as I could tell. It aint an ingredient in my Enchiladas..lol. Been waiting for the smart food scientists to come with a heatless or at least reduced heat Hab..they already did for Japs ya know? Was at the behest of the Pace Picante sauce folks to go in their mild version. Person who did that for Habs could be a millionaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 02/17/2013 01:34 PM, bigwheel wrote:
There aint no such thing as a "chili pepper"...you might
be thinking of a "chile."

You have to call them by name. They all have their distinctive
personalities. My favorite is Chimayo (a.k.a. New Mexico Red).
It is the distinctive flavor in enchiladas. And, these peppers
are on our unlimited list.

I cant tell much difference on Japs or Habs.

You eat Habaneros? You have to wear protective gear
and breathing apparatus to harvest those things!
Dude! You are the man!

Had a Chocolate Habanero (name of the pepper, no actual
chocolate in them) hot sauce years ago. One drop! Oh
man the flavor! Oh man the P-A-I-N!

-T