Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default anyone have a favorite ranch dressing recipe?

On 02/17/2013 01:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Sure! This is probably the best link:
>
> http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

Love Mendosa stuff. This is a great article. Thank you!

I think we are talking at cross purpose. The GI is only meant
to tell you how something reacts on a healthy person's empty
stomach. It is a starting reference.

Now, my opinion is that it is immoral to tell someone on a
label that a product has zero sugars and zero carbohydrates
when the products contains polysaccharide make up of glucose
molecules with a GI of 110. This is why I call maltodextrin
"Liar's glucose".

I have no intention to tell people to use Liar's Glucose
as substitute for their calibrated, pharmaceutical grade
glucose pills meant for diabetics.

-T