Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Deducting fiber from carbs.

Here are links to show that you should do this. If you live in the US
anyway. Not sure how Canada does food labels in regard to fiber but most
other countries have already done the math for ya. So this wouldn't apply
to you if you live in one of those other countries.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5040411_fo...ing-carbs.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/51...m-total-carbs/

And this one said that even Atkins eventually said that you should. Note
that I have not kept up on Atkins. Have never done that plan and never
would. And the last time I read one of his books was at least 10 years ago.
And only then because my husband thought he wanted to go on it. But there
is no way he could have stuck to it being the fruit lover that he is.

http://www.expertfoods.com/FAQ/fiberbasics.php

So, if you are not subtracting your carbs, you could get a nasty hypo,
particularly if you are taking insulin!