bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Yes..what is the various other stuff? Have noticed the flavor we like in soup comes partly from browning up all all the components separately..with the exception of garlic which should not be added till you have some liquid built up in the pot. Less a person is looking for a burnt garlic flavor for some reason...which has its place on the gourmet table most likely. Think mainly Eyetalians like it. As is applicable to most other savory composites..it taste much mo betta after it been in the ice box all night and reheated. Bon Apetit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

I have a recipe for mushroom soup that I like. After
frying up the mushrooms an onions, I combine it with various
other stuff and bring it to a boil.

Although it tastes very nice (my wife loves it), I can not help
but think I am eating separate items that have not yet combined
together. I am thinking I did not boil it for long enough for
everything to meld together.

How long do I need to boil the soup before the ingredients
meld? How long do you need to cook soup ingredients before
the become soup?

Many thanks,
-T