Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default how long do you need to cook soup to become soup?

Todd > wrote:
: Hi All,

: I have a recipe for mushroom soup that I like. After
: frying up the mushrooms an onions, I combine it with various
: other stuff and bring it to a boil.

: Although it tastes very nice (my wife loves it), I can not help
: but think I am eating separate items that have not yet combined
: together. I am thinking I did not boil it for long enough for
: everything to meld together.

: How long do I need to boil the soup before the ingredients
: meld? How long do you need to cook soup ingredients before
: the become soup?

: Many thanks,
: -T

Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer, mostlycovered
with a crack open and lt cook for as long as it needs for the flavors to
blend. If it is all vegetables this could be 20-30 mins or longer. If
there is meat in the soup, it will need much longer.

Wendy