bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Ok gotcha on the crudites. Thanks. We eat those all time just never thought of trying it with a radich. We go for raw broccoli..green onyawns etc. Raw yellow squash is my single favorite. Could certainly see where a radich could fit into that crowd. Now my Daddy had me convinced those things were baby mice..which he held by their tails and dunked into red paint to make them red..then he would drag them out of the paint and bite of their heads to make the white part. Sounded plausible to me for quite a while. We dunk all that rabbit food in good old Ranch Dressing nowadays. I am fixing to instruct the Warden to add some radiches to her shopping list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post

cru·di·tés (krd-t) [1]
pl.n. Cut raw vegetables, such as carrot sticks and
pepper strips, served often with a dip as an appetizer.

My wife makes me up a plate of nibbles when I am working
in the office. Radishes are a hit. Sometimes she slices
up a cucumber. Occasionally some green olives. etc..
Have no idea where we got the practice from.

I remember my father used to love to munch on the hottest
radishes he could find. I thought he was nuts at the time.

-T

1) Crudite - definition of Crudite by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.