Posted to rec.food.cooking
I'm back[_2_] I'm back[_2_] is offline

Default Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?

Gary > wrote in :

> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 04:37:39 -0600, wrote:
>>
>> >Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>> >
>> >Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it.
>> >The mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
>> >
>> >i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of
>> >bread that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.
>> >

>> tell her to call Poison Control if she is really worried. They will
>> help her out, calm her.
>> Janet US

> You have the best answer, Janet US. I was going to say that it
> probably won't hurt them but to call their doctor just to make sure.
> I forgot about the Poison Control.
>
> Gary

Mold = penicillin.

People eat "mouldy cheese" all the time..... and salamis with mould
growing on the outside..... I've had mouldy bread in the past. just
pinched/cut off the mould, toasted it up, good as gold :-)

Typical histronics from the cotton wool generation..... same as "don't
put raw garlic in oil, you'll die!!" and "don't eat room temperature
food, you'll die!!" and "don't reheat food, you'll die!!".

--
Peter
Brisbane

Success isn't so difficult.