Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Creole vs. Cajun seasoning -- difference"

On 2013-02-05, Cheryl > wrote:

> as Old Bay seasoning, but now that you mention it, I'll have to look
> again. I always have Old Bay on hand. Maybe I can cut one out of my store.

I looked at all my cajun/creole seasonings. They all contain pretty
much the same spices. I did the straight powder-into-mouth taste test
and was a bit surprised to realize how spicy-hot Old Bay actually is.
I had it pegged as the wimpiest of them all and it really isn't. I
even used OB as a poultry rub, or used to. I no longer do chicken.

nb