Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Taco Bell Pulls Super Bowl Ad Making Fun of Veggie Eaters After Veggie Eaters Complain

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:02:40 +0000, Derek > wrote:

>There's at least one more vegetarian I can think of who does a pretty
>good job in keeping that character group alive. He's Australian, you
>know. From a country that probably has one of the richest reserves of
>humour in the world.

There's an Australian clown here who claims to have a PhD in math yet can't
comprehend a simple aspect of life we discussed in class in grade school. In the
grade school I went to, he probably would have been in special ed:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

unless he was lying when he wrote that. An indication that he was is that he
claimed to have been able to comprehend the distinction previous to his claim
that he can not:

"I said to David Harrison that there exist some farmed animals such
that it would be a better outcome for them to live the life they do
rather than for them not to live at all and for no animals to live
in their place." - Rupert

Do you think it's likely that he could comprehend at one point, and then later
he unlearned? If so, how do you think he unlearned? If not, why do you think he
started lying about it?