Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Creole vs. Cajun seasoning -- difference"

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 07:10:46 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Feb 4, 6:49*am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>> As the subject line says, is there a specific difference between the
>> two? *Clueless northerner wants to know.
>> Janet US

>This will give you a little history and how the two cuisines
>developed.
>
>http://hizzoners.com/southern-comforts/cajun-a-creole

Thanks for the article. It refreshes my memory on the history of the
region. It doesn't answer the question 'is there a specific type of
seasoning that is Cajun and one that is Creole?' Is there a specific
spice or herb or combination that immediately identifies Creole or
Cajun?
Janet US