Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Jonesing for tomatoes!

I don't often have food cravings but I just had a severe one. For a fresh
tomato which I did not have. I also didn't want to open a can of tomatoes
because my dinner of small red beans and a small green salad with olives and
onions will be enough food for me. So I thought of the little cans of
tomato sauce I bought at Winco for 19 cents. Popped one open, put it in a
bowl, warmed it in the microwave and topped it with black pepper and
oregano. Ate three bites and... Ahhhhh. That seemed to be enough for me.
I feel fine now. I suspect I am low on magnesium again. The last time I
craved tomatoes like this, that's what the problem was. Must make a note to
buy fresh tomatoes next time I go to the store. I didn't do a full grocery
shop this week and only bought a few things at Target and Costco.