Posted to rec.food.cooking
MaryL[_2_] MaryL[_2_] is offline

Default Help with home water heater replacement

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Janet wrote:

> Ditto. All my drying loads are pure cotton and I clean the filter
> every time. Someone drying fabrics like polyester might get a lot less
> lint.

IMO, you should *always* clean out the lint trap before drying clothes. Even
if it's not so bad, you will get better air-flow (and drying action) with a
clean one. I use a neighborhood laundry mat and I always scrape a thick
layer of lint off the filter before drying. Evidently, no one else here
thinks to do this.

G.

~~~~~~~~~
The reason I only clean mine every second or third time is that I never see
any lint if I do it every time. Of course, I'm not using a neighborhood
laundry mat, so the only lint is from my own items. There are certain
things (like blankets) where I would check the filter as soon as I have used
the dryer.

I know what you mean about a thick layer of lint on neighborhood machines.
Several of us rented a condo for a week for vacation a couple of years ago.
My friend complained that the dryer wasn't getting any of her clothing dry.
I pulled out the filter, and it was completely covered with thick lint.
Then I reached down into the tube behind the filter, and it was completely
clogged. I kept pulling lint out as far as I could reach. There was even a
printed reminder to clean the filter, but it was obvious that it had not
been cleaned for a very long time. I am very aware of how important it is
to keep the filter clean, both for improved efficiency and also because it
can be a fire hazard. I have never seen the slightest bit of lint *behind
or below* the filter (in the outlet tube) in my own machine, as I explained
in another message, but this one was so clogged that it would have taken
special tools to reach down to get all of it. I hope I did enough good so
the machine could blow the rest of it outside.

MaryL