Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Leg of Lamb

On 02/01/2013 02:11 PM, Susan wrote:

> Rosemary or Greek oregano. I marinate it overnight because my husband
> doesn't like the slight gaminess of lamb. Also, gotta have some smashed
> garlic cloves in there, too, and some s and p.

Hi Susan,

My wife can't stand the gamy taste either. Is it the lemon that
is neutralizing it?

Is there a difference between "Greek oregano" and the oregano I
purchase at Trader Joe's?

Is the smashing to remove the skins of the garlic enough?

Is there any particular ratio of lemon juice to Olive
Oil? Or are the rules, just have fun?

How long do you soak for?

Aren't all olive oils called Extra Virgin? (I like the
organic Italian EVOO from Trader Joe's.) I know it
means the first squeeze, but is that not just
a marketing term? Never seen a non-EV olive
oil for sale. (But, I have never looked that hard.
I my younger years, I use to try and find the stinkiest
olive oil I could get from Trader Joe's -- meaning
the cheapest. My tastes have changes somewhat since then.)

As you can tell, I really, really don't know what I
am doing. I really appreciate the help!

-T