Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Cabbage Seasoning

On 01/30/2013 09:05 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hey Todd. Bacon and onion were made for cabbage. Never bothered to break
>>> out the pressure cooker for it. Big skillet or pot with a lid works
>>> well. My favorite is a variant of this with a splash of Braggs Raw
>>> Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to give a little character.
>>>
>>> 'Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>>> (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southern-fried-cabbage/)
>>>
>>> Red (purplecabbage does well when given the Germanic treatment. Very
>>> tasty.
>>>
>>> 'Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/bzwowe8)

>> Awesome! Thank you!
>>

> I love cabbage bacon and onions.

Hi Jacquie,

Thank you!

Now that I am enjoying my food again, I have a hard time not
yelling "I WANT IT ALL!"

This cabbage, bacon, and onions sounds so good. Just wrote
cabbage on my shopping list -- Raley's has some nice organic ones.

Question: I have the option at Trader Joe's of three different
kinds of Bacon (well more, but these would be ones I'd buy):

Precooked (uncured)
Raw Pieces (uncured)
Raw (uncured)

The precooked is easier to handle, as no onerous hand washing.
I am thinking of just dumping the bacon down the pressure
cooker. Maybe browning it a bit before dumping the cabbage
after it. Have to brown the onions anyway.

What would you do?

-T