Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Let's talk pickles!

On 01/31/2013 02:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> My wife's side of the family has a T2 that is 92 years old.
>> >So, as long as we watch ourselves, we will be fine. I think
>> >of it as a lifestyle, not as a disease. (Though I know of a guy
>> >who refused the restrictions and lost both legs then
>> >his life at age 52 or so. Don't remember the exact number.
>> >He must have really likes sweets and pizza.)
>> >
>> >-T

> I know plenty of diabetics who eat pizza and sweets. Not saying that it's
> right. Or wrong or whatever. Still doesn't mean that we'll lose a limb.

I talked to a T2 yesterday. He told me he could not put up
with the restrictions, so he went on insulin. Seems to
be working well for him, if you ignore his two artificial
legs and his heart attack. Very dis-hearting. I suspect the
wild BG swings and the insulin itself (too much is toxic) may
be to account. Yikes! Thank you not, I will keep my feet.
I am rather fond of them.