Bill

Default looking for buttery (malolactic) chardonnays

Fiona wrote:
> It seems like most of the chards available in my grocery store this
> year are "crisp and fruity," but I'd buy apple juice if that was what
> I wanted! Because I have no sense of smell, I prefer a big-bodied
> buttery chardonnay. Oaky and vanilla-y are good too.
> Possibly there are some out there that would provide the mouth-feel
> that I want, but I'm turned off by labels advertising apple,
> grapefruit, and other citrus.

Fiona you might try the Chateau St Jean Sonoma County Chardonnay
that sells for around $10 or less. The Heitz sells for about $15
and is really a good buy. One that I like right now is Rodney
Strong Chalk Hill Vineyard that is also around $15. Try these wines
just barely chilled instead of very cold.

If you want to go for the gold in this line, try the Chalk Hill.
I think they substitute about 50% butter in their wine.