Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.boats,can.politics
678.714.5764 678.714.5764 is offline

Default Intelligence riddle

****wit David Harrison was visiting the Eastbourne and Country Taxis
company and happened to meet with the managing director. ****wit said,
"I'm thinking of starting a houseboat cleaning company back at Holiday
Marina. Your company seems to run very efficiently. What's the secret
to your success?" The director replied, "You must surround yourself
with intelligent people." ****wit said, "Okay, but how do I know if the
people I hire are intelligent?" The director answered, "You must pose a
question to them that allows them to prove their intelligence. Watch -
I'll demonstrate." He pushed the button on his intercom to the cabbies'
lounge and said, "Please send Derek Nash into my office." Derek
appeared a moment later, and the director asked him, "Derek, your
parents have a child, and it's not your brother and it's not your
sister. Who is it?" Derek answered promptly, "It would be me, of
course." "Very good," the director said, and Derek returned to the
lounge. ****wit was impressed. "Thanks a lot for that. I'll use it
when I get back to Lake Lanier."

When he returned, ****wit called Douchebag Ron Hamilton into the shack
serving as an office and put him to the test. "Uh...your parents have a
child, and it ain't your brother and it ain't your sister. Uh, who is
it?" Douchebag thought for a moment but couldn't answer. "Boss, I'll
have to get back to you on that," Douchebag said as he sidled out of the
shack. He asked all his pals but they couldn't answer, either. Then he
thought, "Rupert's the smartest 'vegan' I know. I'll bet he knows the
answer!" Douchebag looked up the University of Münster mathematics
department and called it, eventually reaching Rupert. Douchebag said,
"Listen, Rupert - your parents have a child, and it's not your brother
and not your sister. Who is it?" Rupert quickly replied, "Why, it's
me, naturally!" "Thanks, buddy, I owe you one," said Douchebag as he
hung up the phone.

Douchebag raced back to the shack and said, "*Goo*, I know the answer to
your riddle. It's Rupert McCallum!" Disgusted, ****wit slammed down a
dirty mop and shouted, "No, you stupid ****wit - it's Derek Nash!"