Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Let's talk pickles!

On 01/30/2013 08:11 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> I don't know that it didn't. Diabetes certainly dates back long before I
>>> was ever born. They used to diagnose it by tasting the urine. Diabetics
>>> urine tasted sweet. And I don't think they had any way to tell what type
>>> we
>>> had prior to somewhat recent testing methods.
>>>
>>> As for the other stuff... I don't buy it.

>>> And I call it a diet that I could never eat.

>> Hi Julie,
>>
>> You have to, or body parts will start to fall off.
>> Make it fun! You get to annoy the food nazis! You get
>> to eat MEAT and BUTTER without guilt!

> No. My body parts are not going to fall off. I have multiple food
> intolerances and can't eat any dairy, chicken, fish, shellfish, eggs and
> some other foods. I have gastroparesis and can't digest most meat, too much
> fat and most vegetables.
>
> I do not have guilt with eating.
>>
>> I am having a blast. Of course, I need to get my
>> cooking skill down.

> I'm glad you are. But if I ate what you did, they'd have the surgically
> remove the bezoar that I would get. That's a food ball. Much like a hair
> ball in a cat.
>>
>> The alternative is to be an extra in a zombie movie.

> Well, no. I've had diabetes for about 15 years now. I'm still here.

Gastroparesis. Yikes! What a pain in the neck!

My wife's side of the family has a T2 that is 92 years old.
So, as long as we watch ourselves, we will be fine. I think
of it as a lifestyle, not as a disease. (Though I know of a guy
who refused the restrictions and lost both legs then
his life at age 52 or so. Don't remember the exact number.
He must have really likes sweets and pizza.)

-T