Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Let's talk pickles!

Todd wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 02:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't know what Cave Man cooking is.

> Eating before the dawn of agriculture. In other words,
> this Type 2 stuff didn't happen to us before humans
> discovered beer, and created the agriculture to support it.
> We humans were never designed to handle the amount of
> carbohydrates that hybridized grains and roots brought us.

I don't know that it didn't. Diabetes certainly dates back long before I
was ever born. They used to diagnose it by tasting the urine. Diabetics
urine tasted sweet. And I don't think they had any way to tell what type we
had prior to somewhat recent testing methods.

As for the other stuff... I don't buy it.

> I call it "cave man cooking" for short.

And I call it a diet that I could never eat.