Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Pancakes To Waffles - Recipe Differences

Dave Smith wrote:

> Pancake mix is one of my pet peeves. While some here have claimed that
> they are good add water only mixes, I haven't found any that rival home
> made.

I completely agree with you, Dave. A couple of months ago, I got a gift food
pack from some friends. One of the things in there was a small bag of dry
pancake mix. It said to only add water. I finally tried it and it was
horrible. The pancakes stuck to my buttered non-stick pan. If I decide to
use it again, I'm going to treat it as flour only and add my own
ingredients....milk, egg

I normally make my pancakes from scratch using an old Betty Crocker recipe
and they are very good. I always add more milk than the recipe calls for
since I like mine thin (and more moist).

That gift pack *did* include a small (half pint) of real maple syrup and
that's good.

Gary