Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Pancakes To Waffles - Recipe Differences

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:17:19 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
> wrote:
>

>> I will start by asking if there is _any_ compelling reason to even
>> change the recipe at all? The only thing I can think of is, since
>> the waffle iron contains the batter, it can be thinner - that seems
>> a reason to me, and using water instead of milk would result in
>> thinner batter, so I think I'm on board with that particular change.
>> Would using milk in the waffle batter tend to make it stick to the
>> waffle iron, or create "too-fluffy" waffles, if there is such a
>> thing?

> Aren't people always asking here how to make crispy waffles? Using
> water instead of milk would be one way. Milk will make a "tender"
> pancake.

Good to know. Today, I used a little half and half, a little coconut
milk, but mostly water, and the waffles were pretty soft. (I made a
double recipe and a package of bacon, and I've got only 2 waffles and 2
strips of bacon left. Those teenage boys can eat ...)

-S-