Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Another "half-cooking" "recipe"

Start with frozen chicken quesadilla from Trader Joe's - had them at the
sampling table at the back and they were OK but boring. Did the
following that me and both my boys thought tasted excellent:

Frying pan with 1/4 inch (or so) of olive oil + 2 cloves worth of frozen
garlic cubes - heat on medium-low so that the garlic cubes thaw
completely and are evenly distributed in the oil. While this is
happening, defrost quesadillas in microwave.

Turn heat up to medium or medium-high, add quesadillas to frying pan,
pour a little mild "buffalo wing" sauce on, plus salt and pepper, cook
until golden brown on bottom side, probably 3 minutes.

Turn quesadillas over, cover liberally with grated sharp cheddar, add a
generous amount of dried oregano, and a bit more black pepper. Turn
heat up for a minute or two to brown, then turn heat down and cover with
a lid to help the cheese melt. NB: It's good if some of the cheese
falls off the quesadilla and fries in the olive oil.

Remove from pan, not forgetting any fried cheese on the bottom of the
pan. Cut up into bite-sized pieces and serve.

Yummy!

The same approach would work just fine with scratch-made quesadillas -
flour tortilla, fill as you like, but that was more work and all this
was happening after 10 PM last night.

-S-