Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Cassoulet with '69 Burg, '81 CaliPN, '85 Cahors, '86Haut-Medoc, 01 Graves blanc

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:28:56 -0800, DaleW wrote:

> guess 2000. Nope, Im not close, its the 1981 Mayacamas Pinot Noir. I
> didnt even know Mayacamas made a PN. We followed it through night, and
> debated on and off whether it was corked. At its best I loved this- the
> initial blast of fruit subsided, there was smoke, spice, and earth. At
> times there was basement odors. Overall, very fun to taste. B/B+

I remember fondly tasting some Pinot at Mayacamas. I seem to think they
pulled the vines but wouldn't swear to it.

> this wasn't unripeness but more a Figeac-like perfume. A-/B+

I love this note, very evocative. (And I like Figeac for the stemminess,
too).

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy