Posted to rec.food.cooking
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default tarragon; was REC: Coq au Vin Blanc

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 15:06:28 +1100, "Farm1" >
> wrote:
>>Yikes! I didn't mean for that advice to be taken literally for action at
>>this time of the year. I'm done for by the garden heat by midday so
>>imagine
>>how a transplanted herb may react.
>>
>>If you are going to do it today however, check how the temps are going to
>>go
>>over the next few days. And try to give it some shade for a few days so
>>it
>>can settle in and water well too till it gets its roots established. I
>>cut
>>bits of Sacred Bamboo (nandina domestica) and use that as shade unbrellas
>>protect transplants - works a treat and the only real reason why it's
>>worth
>>growing as far as I'm concerned.

> Not to worry, I didn't get around to doing it

LOL. Well that's a relief! I was worried about your poor gaggin tarragon
gaspign for water in a blazing sun.

> The weather here isn't that brutally hot, if fact I was wearing a
> beanie when out doing the rounds this morning.

Send some this way please!

> Actually, it has hit 31°C today - the hottest we've had this summer -
> but still quite cool inside the house and the shade houses, I reckon
> the tarragon would handle it okay.

Probably. BTW, I found a Brown Snake in my plastic Geyde bin the other day.
It was a shock for both of us as you can imagine :-))