Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default tarragon; was REC: Coq au Vin Blanc

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 15:06:28 +1100, "Farm1" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:49:34 +1100, "Farm1" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 03:05:16 -0500, Sky >

>>>But it should be divided aobut every 3 years to keep it vigourous. I love
>>>tarragon - one of those swoon worthy herbs.

>> That's something I should do... will do today.
>> Thanks

>Yikes! I didn't mean for that advice to be taken literally for action at
>this time of the year. I'm done for by the garden heat by midday so imagine
>how a transplanted herb may react.
>
>If you are going to do it today however, check how the temps are going to go
>over the next few days. And try to give it some shade for a few days so it
>can settle in and water well too till it gets its roots established. I cut
>bits of Sacred Bamboo (nandina domestica) and use that as shade unbrellas to
>protect transplants - works a treat and the only real reason why it's worth
>growing as far as I'm concerned.

Not to worry, I didn't get around to doing it

The weather here isn't that brutally hot, if fact I was wearing a
beanie when out doing the rounds this morning.

Actually, it has hit 31°C today - the hottest we've had this summer -
but still quite cool inside the house and the shade houses, I reckon
the tarragon would handle it okay.