Cwdjrx _

Default TN Berncasteler Doctor Auslese 1975

Berncasteler Doctor 1975er Auslese, W. Dr. H. Thanish, A. P. Nr. 2 576
242 2076.

The 70's were blessed wth several outstanding vintages in Germany. 1971
produced outstanding wines of all grades up to TBA. So did 1975,
although it perhaps was not quite as great as 1971. 1976 produced very
outstanding wines in the highest grades and few dry wines in the better
estates.

Berncasteler Doctor is very famous, some say often over-rated, and often
rather expensive. Over the years I think I have had better quality for
the money from the Wehlener Sonnenuhr of J. J. Prum. However this 75 is
top rate by any standards.

The color is light golden. The bouquet and taste are quite intense, with
much complexity. Flowers, mineral, a touch of petrol, a pinch of spice,
and fruits all are suggested. There is enough acid to balence this
rather rich, sweet wine. It could nearly pass for a BA. The taste
lingers long. The wine is still quite fresh, and I will not be surprised
if it is drinking well 10 years from now.

This wine is of course a Riesling, although it is not mentioned on the
label.. Many top estates from the Mosel did not put Riesling on the
label in years past because everyone knew that all top Mosel estates
used only Riesling for their top wines.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.