Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Safety of After Sell-by date Foods

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : >I freeze whole wheat bread and butter.
: >
: > : I sometimes freeze leftover bread for stuffing. But I won't eat it as
: > is.
: > : For me the texture changes too much.
: >
: > I almost always freeze the low carb bread as itis not alwasy in the stores
: > so i like to have some in reserve. It also keeps well inthe fridge, which
: > surprised me as it is saidin advice columns that you shouldn't refrigerate
: > bread because it doesn't help. I don't find this advice to be true for
: > the low carb breads, at least.
: >
: > I also keep canned goods way beyond the pull dates and have not found any
: > problems or real change in texture.
: >
: > Wendy

: The low carb store here keeps the low carb bread frozen. But I have never
: tried it.

Wow, a low carb store!! I wish we had something like that in my
neighborhood. Once low carb diets went out of fashion much of the great
stuff that had been available just disappeared evcept for the pitas and
the occasional bread.

Wendy