Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

George Shirley wrote:

> Miz Anne and I wish all of our well preserved friends a Merry Christmas
> and a Happy New Year. We also hope y'all are spending that time with
> friends and family. This is the first year in about twenty that we will
> be among all of our kids, grands, and great grands. We're all gathering
> at our daughter's home for Christmas Eve dinner and gift giving. We're
> so happy we didn't have to drive three hours to get here too.

> If you're traveling this season be careful, as old as I am I've already
> lost more friends than I ever thought I would.
>
> We're not putting up anything but home made breads and Miz Anne's famous
> (in our family) lemon meringue pies. I'm still trying to find storage
> space for all the full and empty jars and all the big pots and things we
> need for home food preserving. We're also glad this is probably our next
> to the last move, you can guess where we will be going on the last move.
>
> George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg

thank you George, Miz Anne and Tilly Dawg,

we'll be on the road a bit, but not too bad.
the weather is the big factor here and it is
forecast to be ok for tomorrow. that could
change quickly...

hanging out with my brother's and their
families for the day -- always interesting.
the kids are all grown up but haven't started
the next generation yet here so the gift
exchange things aren't as important as just
being together and seeing what's new.

best wishes to you and everyone else too.

songbird