Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: I host SOBER, serve my best wines (1929-1997)

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:03:55 PM UTC-5, cwdjrxyz wrote:
> On Dec 20, 3:19*pm, DaleW > wrote:
>

> > We finished with *the 1989 Huet Cuvee Constance Vouvray (375 ml). Still my favorite dessert wine of all time (if anything the half bottle is drinking better than the 750s). Waxy, wooly, wonderful. Great acidity, vibrant, complex. A

> I find this note interesting, as I have 3 bottles bought at auction
>
> shortly after release and stored properly by me since. Do you expect
>
> it to develop more and hold well? My guess is that such a wine will
>
> outlast me, and that there is no hurry to open it.

As I say, my favorite dessert wine of all time. I would guess this has 30 years left in half bottle, and 50-100 in full. That's not based on anything but gut. The 375 is stunning popped and poured, the 750s seem to need a couple hours air. Can there be improvement? Maybe, but damn it is good now.