Posted to rec.food.baking,alt.bread.recipes
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Can you tell what type of bread this is by the description I give? NEED HELP!

"Danielle444" wrote in message
news

>This is my grandmother's recipe she would make this dessert every
>Christmas and it is everyone's favorite.She can't make it anymore
>because she is too ill and can't remember. No one else in the family
>knows what recipe she used either. We called it coffee cake but it had a
>creamy frosting, not a crumbly one. Anyway, I know the recipe for the
>frosting but I can't find the bread recipe she used. It was in the
>Better Homes and Gardens 01 cookbook. It is very old by the look of it.

Hi Danielle, sounds interesting, a yeasted coffee bread. So I've posted it
to abr for some advice.
Incidentally, did the frosting taste of coffee or was it simply a bread you
had at coffee time?
Meanwhile, here are some 20 pages of pics, do any look familiar?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c2v3js4

Bertie