Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default TN: Mostly good wines (US, France, Spain)

DaleW > wrote in
:

> 2009 Wind Gap Pinot Gris
> Skin contact (orange) wine I assume, looks like a rose - a darker rose
> at that. I really didn’t like this at first- seemed austere and overly
> herby. But improved a lot with air - smoky, cranberry and red plum.
> full, long. B-/C+ day one, B on day 2.

I think I had one bottle of this... but no, it was the 2008, and I found it
really delicious. And I thought it would be the kind of wine to appeal you,
since I found it quite loiresque.

Perhaps 2008 and 2009 are different beasts! but it feels nice to have
tasted one U.S. wine that shows up in the newsgroup.

Regards,

s.