Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Ping Susan

Alice Faber wrote:
> JalapeƱo corn bread is definitely one of the carb-dense foods I miss the
> most. Why'd you have to go and remind me of it?

If you get desperate, you can make something very similar to
cornbread, using nut meal(s) and, if your recipe uses flour, one
of the LC flour substitutes. I thought hazelnut flour did well in
this and may try pecan flour too. You want some grit.

I recently read of two approaches that would lend more corn flavor
to the bread, although I have not eyed the nutritional information
on the cans yet. 1) You can use the liquid from a can of corn in
the cornbread. (I wonder how one can find out how carby the
liquid is--and, since I haven't eyed the cans, I don't know
whether some brands might add sugar.) 2) You can whomp up baby
corn in a blender or food processor. (Again, I have not checked
out how viable that approach would be.)