Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 2010 Vega Sicilia Unico Reserva Especial 2010

I grilled another venison loin this weekend and a friend brought along
a bottle of 2010 Vega Sicilia Unico Reserva Especial which was a first
for me. This is a blend of three vintages of Unico and in this case
1991, 1994, 1995. The wine was dark ruby with a effusive nose of
cassis, black cherry and a whiff of smoke. A bit of time in the
decanter before tasting. Smooth and rich on the palate. Creme de
Cassis, blackberry, a bit of cedar and leather but the fruit was lush
and opfront. Tasty with the venison. "B++"