Posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_2_] Dan Logcher[_2_] is offline

Default Sushi on thanksgiving

Warren Ransom wrote:
> On 11/25/2012 2:08 PM, Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>> Warren Ransom wrote:
>>
>>> Wow, this place has gotten really quiet.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to share that on thanksgiving, rather than the
>>> traditional turkey, we had sushi and loved it. I'm trying to make it a
>>> tradition but we'll see what the wife says.

>> I would miss the once or twice a year we actually have turkey. Many
>> people
>> don't seem to into turkey, but I love it. Just kind of a pain to roast a
>> whole bird for just 4 of us..
>>
>> Very nice though.. Did you have uni for dessert?
>>

> I wish.
>
> I'm the only one in my family who likes uni. It reminds me of a day,
> about 8 years ago, when a diver in Maine wanted me to mention his uni on
> sushifaq and sent me a huge cooler full to test. About 50 live Maine
> urchins. I got all my friends who like uni together and we spent the
> evening sucking them out of their shells. It was an amazing night and
> I'll never experience anything like it again, I'll bet. I gave that man
> a mention (he had no website) and a great review. Unfortunately he
> stopped after a few years, but I'll forever have him on my list of
> awesome people.

When I spent a week in Exuma Bahamas, I watched as a group of locals chowed
down on their catch of conch. They'd notch the tip of the shell to cut the
foot, then slide out the snail and eat it. I was drooling! Wish I had the
nerve to ask for some.

--
Dan