Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Thanksgiving meal.

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : >
> : > If I understood her correctly, she said she puts it in at midnight so
> it's
> : > ready when she gets up. I believe she must carve it up, refrigerate,
> and
> : > reheat in the gravy she makes from the juices. That was the only thing
> : > got out of it, because like you, I wondered how that freed the oven up
> : > too. I don't think the bird would still be hot when the oven is cool,
> but
> : > dunno for sure. I will be making mine in the daytime tomorrow so will
> : > report back. :-)
>
> : My mom always cooks hers the day before and reheats in the microwave.
>
> that might exeplain why you are not a big fan of fresh roasted turkey.
> You may never have had it as a kid so got to not like turkey.

Mostly if we had it at home as a kid it was that frozen stuff in gravy.
Once in a while my mom did a whole turkey. She tends to overcook the meat
and it is very dry. That is how I am used to eating meat. I can not eat
moist meat if it is served to me. Just doesn't seem right. But I don't
really like meat of any kind and I don't think I have beyond maybe age 2.
My mom said I loved meat when I was really little. I just can't imagine.

We did eat Thanksgiving dinner out a few times. I never liked to do that
either. There was no seconds of anything and there was always stuff on the
plate that nobody wanted to eat.